Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My Love is a Boat in a Bottle

My love is down in a well
out in a country she lost the map to
there was every reason for her not to fall
she had the bucket neatly tied
and yet she grabbed on
as it slid down.

My love is wrapped in a sheet
down in a room she lost the key to
there was every reason for her not stick
so tightly in this rubber sheet
But I can't even say good night
while she's rapt.

My love is out at sea
rocking in a boat with no oars
she did not paddle from the shore
it was tide that snapped her horizon bound
and yet she tried to paddle back
with her hands out
into the salty sea.

My love is stuck in a fox trap
her hand is gnashed in steely teeth
she never meant to attempt the jaws
but there was movement on her part
the spring just moved towards her.

she's a puppet speaking out her part
a sailboat in an immeasurable wind
a dog lead by some insidious owner
down a path that leads to marshy bridges.

my love is a boat in a bottle
she's in there, waiting for someone to sail her
but it's all to small for me
I can't reach in
and shatter it to shards.

No comments:

Post a Comment